About our loan program
With 1 in 3 families facing diaper need in the United States, it’s essential for families to have a sustainable option other than single-use diapers. Through our cloth diaper loan programs ( National Fluffy Bums, Foster Fluff, Operation Fluff Bums and Special Needs Fluff) we can service in need families located in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico and APOs around the world.
Eligible families interested in receiving cloth diaper loans will first need to apply via our online application and provide all the required documentation. We do not ask for income verification, government assistance verification or citizenship status at any time.
Approved families will receive a supply of 12-18 cloth diapers per child for one year with extensions possible. Diaper loans can be picked up from a local community-based chapter or shipped directly to the family. During the loan time, diapers can be swapped out for larger sizes as baby grows. This starter supply of diapers allows families to build their cloth diaper supply with money saved or to supplement their disposable diaper routine. Once the diapers are no longer needed, they are returned to their local chapter to be repaired as required, sanitized, and redistributed to other families.
As part of the cloth diaper program, TRF provides the education and support needed to make cloth diapering work. Chapters host cloth diaper classes or work with families 1-on-1 to help them get started. Seasoned cloth diaper parents also give families personal assistance in TRF’s private group.
Emergency disposable diapers
Our goal is to ensure that all babies have clean diapers, no matter if they are cloth or disposables. We know that every family’s situation is different, especially in times of crisis where cloth diapers may not be an option.
Select community-based chapters, including our Bend location, will collect and distribute disposable diapers to local families facing emergency diaper need. Families will just need to contact their local branch or visit our Bend location on distribution days to receive assistance.
- National Fluffy Bums: any family struggling to maintain an adequate supply of diapers for their child
- Operation Fluffy Bums: military families stationed in the U.S. or abroad
- Foster Fluff: foster families caring for infants in diapers
- Special Needs Fluff: families with a child (up to age 18) who has special needs and requires diapers
Please provide the following for the National Fluffy Bums application :
Residency documentation, two of the below.
Note: Driver’s licenses will not be accepted at this time.
- Current deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or a residential rental/lease agreement.
- Utility statement (including electric, water, natural gas, satellite TV, cable TV or phone bill) dated within 30 days of application
- W-2 or 1099 tax form from the current tax year
- Mail from financial institutions; including checking, savings, investment account and credit card statements dated within 30 days of the date of application
- Letter from a federal, state, county or city government agency dated within 30 days of the time of application
- Current automobile payment booklet
- Pre-printed paycheck or payment stub dated within 30 days of the date of application
- Current documents issued by the U.S. military indicating residence address
Child Identification, one of the following.
Note: We will not accept photos of children.
Please cover any critical and sensitive information. We only need to see child’s name, birthdate, and last four digits of the Social Security Card.
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Hospital Documentation
Pregnancy identification, one of the following.
Note: if you are currently pregnant and have no other children, please complete an application 30 days before your estimated due date or scheduled c-section.
- Midwife or OB letter with your information and estimated due date
Please provide the following for the Operation Fluffy Bums application :
All the documentation requested, that applies for National Fluffy Bums plus one military identification.