The Gift of Cloth

apply for assistance

Our loan program

A supply of 15-18 cloth diapers per child are loaned for one year (with extensions possible). Diapers can be swapped out for larger sizes as baby grows. Loaned diapers may be a variety of new or previously-loved styles and colors. This starter supply allows families to build their own cloth diaper stash with money saved or to supplement their disposable diaper routine. 

We ship or deliver locally

We have chapters located in cities across the United States and Canada.  If you don't have a chapter nearby, we will gladly ship diapers to you at no cost. (some exclusions apply)

Caring for your cloth diapers

If you are new to cloth diapers, we recommend finding a local cloth diaper class to help you get started. If that's not possible, check out our Guide to Cloth Diapers. All families on our program are also given personal assistance by seasoned cloth diaper moms in our Facebook group. We want your cloth diaper experience to be a success! 

Returning your loan diapers

When you are ready to return your cloth diapers, follow these easy steps. Once received, the diapers are sanitized and prepared to go out to a new family. 

If you are a family that is on government assistance or have fallen on hard times and you're struggling to afford the most basic of needs, we are able to help. Please apply below.
If you are a military family living in the U.S. or an active duty family stationed abroad, we would be honored to assist you with a supply of cloth diapers. Please apply below.
If you are a foster family that opens your hearts and home to children under the age of 4, we would be happy to help you with a supply of cloth diapers. Please apply below.
If you are a family of a special needs child who will need diaper assistance for an extended time, we can help with a custom package of cloth diapers. Please apply below.

Required Documentation for Applying

Please have the following documents ready before you begin your application.
Images of required documentation can be taken with your phone's camera. To ensure your privacy, please cover any important, sensitive information on the documentation (for example, account numbers).

Residency (all applicants)

Two (2) forms of the following documents will be accepted to verify an applicant's residency. All documents presented must contain the applicant's name and residential address.
-  Current deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or a residential rental/lease agreement
-  Utility statement (including electric, water, natural gas, satellite TV, cable TV or noncellular phone bill) dated within 30 days of the date of application
-  W-2 or 1099 tax form from the current tax year
-  Mail from financial institutions; including checking, savings, investment account and credit card statements dated within 30 days of the date of application
-  Mail from a federal, state, county or city government agency dated within 30 days of the date of application
-  Current automobile payment booklet
-  Pre-printed paycheck or payment stub dated within 30 days of the date of application
-  Current documents issued by the U.S. military indicating residence address

Child/Pregnancy (all applicants excluding Foster Fluff)

One (1) of the following documents to verify your pregnancy or birth of your child. Please cover any important and sensitive information. We only need to see child's name, birthdate, and/or last four digits on the Social Security Card:
-  Ultrasound (if currently pregnant)
-  Birth Certificate
-  Social Security Card
-  Hospital Documentation
-  Midwife/OB Letter dated

Government Assistance/Need (National Fluffy Bums applicants only)

One (1) of the following documents. Please cover any important and sensitive information.
-  WIC Vouchers
-  SNAP Benefit Card
-  Medicaid/Medicare Card
-  Free/Reduce Lunch Approval Letter
Our program is NEED based, not income based. If you have been denied or do not qualify for government assistance, you can still apply to our program. Please provide the denial letter you received from any government assistance program or a letter stating your family's need and financial situation. 

Special Needs (Special Needs Fluff applicants only)

Any official form/letter/paperwork that states the child's diagnosis

Foster Parent (Foster Fluff applicants only)

Certification of eligibility to foster from either the State or an Agency.

Military Service (Operation Fluffy Bums applicants only)


Service Members' Civil Relief Act (SCRA) Certificates

Please note: Your privacy is important to us. To ensure the safety of your information, please cover up or edit out sensitive information (such as account numbers or full social security numbers) before submission. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your application, please email